I can’t believe how many events popped up for this weekend. Here are the highlights. For more dates, check the Event Calendar.
Friday, May 9, 2014:
- ARHS Relay for Life (6:00 pm – 6:00 am on Saturday) @ Algonquin Regional High School: The overnight fundraiser is in support of the American Cancer Society. The goal is to raise $40,000 for cancer research, diagnoses, and treatments. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Trottier presents Alice in Wonderland (7:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School: Tickets $5 each
Saturday, May 10, 2014:
- Stamp Out Hunger (your regular mail pickup times) @ your mailbox: Postal carriers in town will be picking up contributions to the Southborough Food Pantry in bags left by residents at their mailboxes. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Southborough Gardeners Annual Plant Sale (8:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Community House, intersection of routes 30 and 85: Come early for the best selection of plants shared by the Gardeners from their own gardens as well as local nursery stock. Wide selection of annuals, perennials and hanging baskets, which are all suitable for spring planting and Mother’s Day gifts. Proceeds from the public sale will support town beautification and Southborough Gardeners’ Scholarship Fund. For more details, see dedicated post.
- NECC 5K Walk/Run for Autism (8:30 – 11:30 am) @ Neary School and surrounding neighborhoods. Registration for the 8th annual fundraiser begins at 8:30 am. Race begins at 10:00 am and is surrounded with family friendly activities. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Electronic, Appliance, and Bicycle Recycle Day (9:00 am – 2:00 pm) @ Saint Anne’s Church parking lot, 20 Boston Road: For a small fee, recycle you electronics and appliances. For free, recycle sewing machines and bicycles. A portion of the event proceeds will be paid to St. Anne’s Church. For more information, see dedicated post.
- Peter Rabbit Puppet Show (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Fay’s Primary School, 25 Middle Road: You’re invited to Peter Rabbit’s birthday party! However, no birthday for Peter would be complete without a juicy carrot to munch on. With the help of his little sister Flopsy, Peter ventures into Farmer McGregor’s garden in search of the tasty treat. This modern adaptation of the classic Beatrix Potter tale is presented with large colorful hand puppets by Pumpernickel Puppets. This event is free to attend but space is limited so please register online at www.fayschool.org/saturdays.
- Trottier presents Alice in Wonderland (3:00 pm) @ Trottier Middle School: Tickets $5 each
- Steeple Coffeehouse – Jason Anick Quintet (7:30 pm) @ Pilgrim Church’s Fellowship Hall, 15 Common Street: Concert and CD release party for album “Tipping Point” by Jason Anick Quintet. Doors open at 7:00 pm for 7:30 show Please bring a donation for the Southborough Food Pantry. Proceeds from our coffee and dessert purchases go towards local charities. In advance: $15 General/$12 Students & Seniors (Brown Paper Tickets) At the door: $18 General/$15 Students & Seniors. For more details, check www.steeplecoffeehouse.org or call 508 281 9995. For more details, see dedicated post.