Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week. (For more, check the Event Calendar.)
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For the Southborough Library’s regular storytime programs, click here for their events page. For the Southborough Senior Center’s ongoing classes, click here for their calendar.]
Monday, October 3, 2016
- Rosh Hashanah: No Southborough/Northborough public school today
- Falconi Golf Tournament (8:00 am) @ Juniper Hill Golf Course, Northborough: 25th Annual Falconi Family Memorial Golf Tournament To Benefit The Southborough Senior Center The Southborough Senior Center 8 a.m. breakfast and 9 a.m. shotgun start Banquet, awards and raffle following golf Stop by the Senior Center front desk for more information or call (508) 229-4453
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
- Book Group (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Southborough Library: The First Wednesday Book Group will meet at the library. Over the summer, the group had to read a book of their choice by author Louise Erdrich. New members are always welcome!
- Fay School Classroom Visit Day (10:00 am – 12:00 pm) @ Fay’s Admission Office, 54 Main Street: Now’s your chance to see Fay School in action! At our Classroom Visit Days, you and your child can see Fay School at its best as you tour our campus, talk with teachers and lead administrators, and observe students and teachers in action on a typical school day. All Classroom Visit Days begin in Fay’s Admission Office. Parking is available behind the Admission Office, accessed via our main entrance at 54 Main Street Learn more at www.fayschool.org/visitday
- Senior Center Nature Walk (10:00 am) @ The Senior Center parking lot to car pool: Join us for a nature walk at Ghiloni Park in Marlborough. Sign up (508) 229-4453 or at the front desk.
- Do You Need a Trust; What Type? and Why? (1:00 – 2:00 pm) @ Senior Center: Attorney Arthur Bergeron will discuss the differences between: Irrevocable vs. Revocable and Living Trust vs.Testamentary. He will also explain how a trust can help you protect your assets, minimize taxes and avoid probate. No Charge (Refreshments sponsored by Mirick O’Connell)
- Legos at the Library (3:45 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to come build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
Thursday, October 6, 2016
- Introduction to Meditation (1:30 – 2:30 pm) @ Senior Center: This session will explore the different forms of meditation from different cultures to help you find the right type of meditation for you. Some benefits include; reduced stress, lower blood pressure and helps prevent dementia. Suggested Donation: $3.00 Instructor: Faith Kennedy
- Personal Legacy Preservation (7:00 – 8:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Main Floor: Join archivist, Rhonda Chadwick as she shares her secrets from the stacks teaching family historians the best way to store photographs, documents, and memorabilia for long-term preservation. Learn the steps you can take right now to ensure your memories will last as long as possible.
Saturday, October 8, 2016
- Meet & Greet for Tales and Tails (2:30 – 3:30 pm) @ Southborough Library, Eaton Meeting Room: Read with a dog! Children and parents can meet the dogs and their handlers at the Meet & Greet. This is an opportunity to ask questions and sign up to read with the dogs. This program is geared toward children in 2nd grade and up who already have some reading ability.
- Blessing of the Animals (11:00 am) @ Chestnut Hill Farm: In the tradition of St. Francis, patron saint of animals, all creatures are welcome to participate in a festive service to bless animals at Chestnut Hill Farm. There will be dogs and cats, in addition to goats, bunnies, and bees (and who knows what else?!). Contact Rev. Julie Cedrone with any questions at email@example.com