Here are highlights of what’s happening around town this week.
[Note: The highlights don’t include ongoing weekly programs. For those listings and more, check the Event Calendar.]
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
- Savvy Caregiver Program (9:30 – 11:30 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: The first of a 6-part workshop to train people with a loved one suffering from Alzheimers or related dementia to become “Savvy Caregivers”. It’s a free program, but registration is required. For more details, see dedicated post.
- Legos at the Library (10:30 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library: Children are welcome to stop in to build with Legos, and display their creations in the Children’s Room. Legos will be provided, but all materials need to remain at the library. Parents or caregivers must stay with children during this event.
- Poetry Workshop Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Southborough Public Library, main floor: Join several Southborough poets as they review and discuss the work of a featured author and discuss & create poetry of their own. The group meets twice per month. The series is through a partnership between the Southborough Public Library & the Worcester County Poetry Association.
Wednesday, July 12, 2017
- Opiod Round Table (10:00 – 11:00 am) @ Southborough Senior Center: Senior Center program. Join Leslie, the Town’s Public Health nurse, for coffee and a round table presentation/discussion about this current Public Health Emergency. Light refreshments will be served. Please call the front desk at (508) 229‐4453 to sign up. For details, see flyer.
- Crafternoon: Jewelry Makerspace (3:00 – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, main level: This month’s free craft session is for teens only. Participants will make jewelry under guidance of popular crafter Mandy Roberge. Registration is not required. For details, see dedicated post.
- Pajama Storytime (6:30 – 7:15 pm) @ Southborough Library: Bring a blanket and listen to stories outside on the lawn – weather permitting. (In the case of inclement weather, story time will be held in the Children’s Room).
Thursday, July 13, 2017*
- Fun with Science (10:30 am – 5:00 pm) @ Southborough Library, Children’s Room: Drop-in program for children at the library. Hands on experiments and activities will be set up for kids to see how science can be fun
- Southborough Summer Concert Series (6:00 – 8:00 pm) @ Neary School grounds: Free family friendly concerts at Neary School field by the tennis courts. Bring a blanket or lawn chairs. This week features The Regulators. For details, see dedicated post.
*Note: If you were looking for the Vet to Vet program that had been scheduled for Thursday night, last week the Southborough Library posted its cancellation on Facebook:
The “We Honor Veterans” programs for July & August with Donna Vuilleumier have been cancelled. If you were planning on coming next week or to the August film, please note that the programs are no longer taking place at our library. We will hopefully provide additional veteran-related programming in the future