Here is a selection of the committee and board meetings for the week along with my selected highlights from the agendas. Unless otherwise noted, all of these meetings are open to the public, so you’re welcome to stop on by.
Be aware that changes to the meeting schedule are known to happen throughout the week. For an updated list of meetings, visit the town website.
Monday, September 23, 2019
- Planning Board, 7:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda, meeting packet, 2 East Main St materials, 25 Marlboro Rd materials) Agenda Highlights: Continued hearings on 2 East Main St and 25 Marlboro Rd (St. Mark’s dorm); Open Space monitoring report; and Master Plan update – Broadcast live and replayed by SAM*
Tuesday, September 24, 2019
- Board of Assessors, 9:00 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Sign sales report, interim year adjustment report, Assessment/Classification report, and New Growth form for annual submission to Department of Revenue; Update on replacing Deputy Assessor’s position. During closed session, review and sign excise tax commitments/abatements and tax exemptions.
Wednesday, September 25, 2019
- Board of Health, 1:00 pm @ Cordaville Hall, Board of Health Meeting Room, 9 Cordaville Rd (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Discuss status and effects of EEE in the area, tobacco, nicotine, vaping, related addiction product regulations and “smoke shops”, and placing a limit on the number of stores that sell nicotine and vaping products and delivery apparatus.
- EDC Downtown Subcommittee, 6:00 pm @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Zoning Downtown Business Village District; Downtown Initiative public forum, meetings with other committees and boards
Friday, September 27, 2019
- Taxation Aid Committee, 8:00 am @ Hearing Room, Town House, 17 Common St (agenda) Agenda Highlights: Composition of Committee, Discuss possible Town Meeting funding and recap discussion between Chair and Town Assessor; and public awareness of committee
*Southborough Access Media will broadcast the meeting(s) live on Verizon-37 and Charter-192. Click here to see this week’s schedule with rebroadcast times. (Videos are also usually made available through their YouTube channel by the following morning.)